Like many charities, NANPS depends on the generosity of its supporters. As an entirely volunteer-operated organization, NANPS appreciates both our financial contributors and those able to offer their time, knowledge and energy. NANPS is a registered charitable organization #130720824RR0001
You can help by:
- becoming a member
- buying plants at our Markham, Ontario Plantsale, publications or other merchandise
- sending a donation to: NANPS, PO Box 84, Station D. Etobicoke, Ontario. M9A 4X1
- or donating online via CanadaHelps.org
- for information about other gift options, please visit: GiveGreenCanada. At present we are only registered to offer tax receipts in Canada.
CanadaHelps retains 3% of every donation to help cover their costs, but reduces administration for NANPS by issuing receipts directly on our behalf. Paypal also retains a small portion of your donation but again, reduces our administration tasks. It really doesn't matter how you choose to donate...only that you do.
NANPS has a proud tradition of making the maximum use of your contributions. We have minimal overhead costs so virtually all of your donation is put directly to work in supporting NANPS work.
- Conservation Lands: Shining Tree Woods in Norfolk County, Ontario and Zinkan Cove, a rare alvar on the west shore of Lake Huron's Bruce peninsula
- Public education via workshops, seminars, presentations and information booths
- website production
- publication of a 16 page quarterly newsletter, The Blazing Star, plus information sheets, brochures and booklets
- plant rescues, demonstration plantings, plant sale
- support for individuals and groups that promote North America's native flora
- We are particularly proud to have produced a new resource manual celebrating the growth in interest in our native flora in honour of NANPS Silver Anniversary.
Beyond financial contributions, NANPS appreciates donations of your own writings, artwork or photographs of your experiences with indigenous flora.
Monarch on Dense Blazing Star